Why does Hanukkah happen in December only sometimes?
Why do Jewish Holidays begin at night? Why is my birthday sometimes on Yom Kippur, but not always?
Kids have so many questions about the mysteries of the Hebrew calendar. This printable calendar is here to help.
This beautiful, five-layer perpetual Hebrew calendar is perfect for your home for classroom. It provides a beautiful visual of the Hebrew year contrasted with the Gregorian calendar. You will also receive a 15-page booklet with brief introductory background information about all of the concepts included on the calendar. (details below)
The top layer takes you on a walk through the Gregorian calendar months seasonal imagery. The second layer features the days of the month 1 through 31; next you have the days of the week, each featuring an important Jewish value; then you have the Hebrew months in English and Hebrew; and finally the base layer features the major Jewish holidays and festivals.
Print one for each child in your classroom or school, and use this as a lesson or throughout an entire curricular unit. Or print one to hang on your classroom wall. The choice is yours!
This calendar is designed to fit on top of my lunar tracker calendar. You can pair these two items to track the lunar cycle as we move through the Hebrew months!
***Please note: I am a reform Jew, and this has informed the entire creation of this calendar. I wrote this booklet in collaboration with my sister, Rabbi Allie Fischman.
All files are designed to print on standard letter-size (8.5" x 11") paper.
You will receive these printable files:
- A five layer perpetual Hebrew calendar. This calendar features the Gregorian months, days of the month, days of the week, Hebrew months, and Jewish holidays and festivals, and days of the week.
- A 15-page booklet containing basic background information to help you use this calendar. The booklet includes these sections: How to Use This Calendar; Background: The Hebrew Calendar, and Jewish Holidays; The Power of Rhythm: Ritual and Routine; The Hebrew Calendar Months (This sections contains background information on the holidays and festivals featured in the calendar.) Days of the Week (This section contains ideas to help you incorporate Jewish values into your daily life)
Print this as many times as you'd like for personal or classroom use. This is an activity you can use every year, over and over again. This means you can use this in your own classroom year after year.
You MAY NOT share the electronic version of this file. You MAY NOT distribute this calendar in any form outside of your own classroom.
To assemble these calendars, you will need:
- The ability to open ZIP and PDF files and print them
- To print multiple sheets of paper. I recommend printing on heavy card stock
- (Optional, highly recommended) To laminate paper
- To cut out circles and arrows
- A needle to poke a hole in the center of each circle (for the brad)
- (Optional) A needle or hole punch to make a hole for the string to hang your calendar
- (Optional) ~ String and a hook if you want to hang your calendar
- A small brad for securing the four layers and arrow together
This calendar measures 8" in diameter, and is designed to be hung on a wall or placed on a table. It is the perfect size to fit into any office space or home decor, and it is just right for small hands to use.
This calendar design was created by Lori Oster of Luftmensch Designs.
Print this at home or at any shop that offers printing services. Easy and beautiful calendar that you can use every day, forever and ever! ***Don't have a printer at home? You can save your files to a jump drive and print at any local business that offers printing services, such as FedEx Kinkos, Staples, or Costco. You can also use the online printing services offered by these companies to place your order and then pick it up in store when it's ready. Need help printing? Please send me a message on Easy, I will make sure you get your calendar printed. :)
****Please note that this is not a physical item that will be mailed to you, it is a digital file only.****
Copyright © Lori Oster. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
Due to the digital nature of this item, there are no refunds on this purchase. You cannot return this item or receive a refund after the file has been sent to you. Your purchase constitutes agreement to these terms.
Print as many times as you'd like for personal or classroom use. Do not share the electronic version of this file.